How many ways can you ask Google a question?
Just over a year ago I wrote a review of the film (and book) Red Dog. In it I avoided talking about how the film ends, but that hasn’t stopped people asking. My Red Dog post is one of my top five posts and it’s there largely because of the following searches:
- does red dog die in the movie : 444 times
- red dog movie : 246
- does the dog die in red dog : 199
- does red dog die : 93
- red dog book review : 59
- does the dog in red dog die : 56
- red dog does the dog die : 54
- how did red dog die : 46
- does the dog die in red dog movie : 43
- red dog book : 32
- red dog movie music : 31
- how does red dog die : 30
- red dog the movie : 29
- red dog movie does the dog die : 26
- what happens at the end of red dog : 26
… and so on …
It seems that many people, like one of my favourite bloggers Stefanie of So Many Books, like to prepare themselves for sad movies – and so she asked in her comment whether red dog dies. If she hadn’t asked her question, would all of those searches have found me? Does Google look in the comments for search terms as well as the post itself? I’m guessing it must.
Do those of you with blogs have searches that surprise, entertain or even mystify you?